IPVanish is known to be one of the best virtual private network providers in the world. Reviewers point at the VPN’s high speeds, top-notch security, an extensive network of servers located in 60+ countries. The app itself is simple and can be installed on any device. Also, IPVanish allows unlimited P2P sharing, and some of its servers can unblock Netflix.
It seems that there is no single reason not to try the service. The company is even ready to return you the money within seven days if you are not happy with them. Are you ready to test this VPN? Then check our detailed instructions on how to launch the app and select the best settings the provider offers.
IPVanish Sign Up Step-By-Step Guide
IPVanish sign up process is quick and straightforward. Follow the steps described below.
- Visit the provider’s website.
- Press the “Start Now” button in the top right or the lower left corner. You may also scroll the page down and press any “Start Now” button below.
- Choose a subscription plan. You have three options to choose from one-month, one-year, and three years.
- Provide your email address and password. As you can see, your email address will become your username. Choose the payment method (credit card or PayPal) and provide the required data. Press the green button to move further.
- Verify your email address. After you provide all payment details, you will have to check your inbox and press the green Verify Email button which contains the activation link.
- Login to the IPVanish account. The activation link will bring you to the page with a confirmation of your order, your account details, and a login link. Click on the Login to your account area on that page and enter the login details.
- Download and install the app by clicking Apps in the top right corner of the website. Go down and choose the appropriate app.
- When you download the app, open the installation file and follow the instructions.
- You are done! After you type your login details and hit the green Login button, you can start enjoying the best service IPVanish has prepared for you.
IPVanish Server Selection
When you log into the IPVanish app, you can select one of the 1200+ servers for the connection. To do so, you have two options:
- Via Quick Connect Screen in the left top corner on the app’s interface.
- Via the Server List Screen using one of the three tabs – List, Map or Filter
Note that if you choose the second option, it will take more time to select a server because you will have to do everything manually. However, you will be able to choose the best connection possible based on several factors, including, ping time and a load of each particular server. You can switch the servers as often as you need.
What Is the Best Protocol for IPVanish?
IPVanish supports the following protocols: IKEv2, OpenVPN, and L2TP/IPsec. Each one of them has its pros and cons.
Therefore, OpenVPN is the most reliable one. IPVanish recommends using it whenever possible. It is secure, allows several types of authentication methods and provides high speeds. However, to use the protocol you need to install a third-party software and certificate files. But IPVanish software is a perfect solution for that. Also, note that not all mobile devices are supported.
IKEv2 is also considered to be one of the best protocols in terms of security. But it is available in the latest models of mobile devices only. The biggest advantage of IKEv2 is that it makes it possible to switch between Wi-Fi and cellular network without breaking the VPN connection.
Choose L2TP/IPsec if your device cannot work with OpenVPN. It uses double encapsulation which makes it pretty secure. However, don’t expect fast speeds with L2TP/IPsec. Also, the protocol is harder to configure on a router because it uses multiple ports.
More settings to configure
IPVanish has more configuration options hidden behind four tabs – General, Connection, and Diagnostics.
Go through the General settings to decide how you want your IPVanish app to behave when you start the system up, when the app is closed, to connect to the Support Center, and more.
In Connection settings, you can choose a protocol or port, turn Kill Switch on, enable DNS and IPv6 Leak Protection, or select many other useful things to enjoy the IPVanish service to its maximum.
Finally, use the Diagnostic tab to inform the company’s team about the problems you face while using the app.
Does IPVanish Have a Free Trial?
IPVanish offers a 7-day free trial to iOS users only. Everybody else can enjoy 7-day money back guarantee.
IPVanish offers a simple app which can be easily installed on any device. To start using the service, you need to register an IPVanish account. The whole process is quick and easy. But what we really like about the provider is that it doesn’t limit you in any way allowing to choose preferred settings by yourself.
Despite the fact that iPhone and iPad users seem to be luckier to have a free trial, the refund policy makes all users equal.