These days, VPNs are quite affordable, and IPVanish is among the best VPN providers that offer a good value for money. However, if for some reason after purchasing IPVanish VPN you have decided you don’t really need it, you can easily cancel IPVanish subscription and request a refund on the official website.
Note though, that unlike most rivaling Virtual Private Networks, IPVanish doesn’t offer a free trial (but you can get 72% discount). Moreover, the MBG (Money-Back Guarantee) only lasts for seven days, which means you won’t get a refund after that. At the same time, a full week is more than enough to check whether you like the VPN or not. Moreover, there are absolutely no limitations during this period.
If after using the VPN for a week (how to sign up & install IPVanish VPN), you realize it is not a good fit for you, don’t just throw away your money – take advantage of the money-back guarantee policy. The following guide will tell you how to cancel an active subscription from your IPVanish account. A quick note: don’t leave this to the very last day.
Step-By-Step Guide: IPVanish Subscription Cancellation
Before we begin, it’s important to say that if it’s a technical flaw/bug that’s making you cancel, try contacting support first. It is available 100% charge-free, and the agents are qualified enough to help. Support is at your disposal 24/7 through the ticket system and via live chat. And now let us go ahead with the cancellation:
- Visit the official website of IPVanish;
- Log into your account by clicking on “My Account” in the top right corner. Next, you need to enter your email and password and hit Login;
- Click on the Subscription button to see the details of your current plan. You’ll find information about your account status (it should be Active), the renewal tier, the date of the renewal, and the current plan (tier) that you’re on;
- At the very bottom of the list, there’s an “I wish to cancel my subscription” option. It is located right below Submit. Hit the link;
- The website will offer you to reconsider and choose “I want to keep my subscription.” To confirm your desire to cancel, click on the corresponding link;
- IPVanish will ask you to elaborate on your decision to cancel. There are several options to pick from, but they don’t really matter;
- Choose one of the reasons and confirm by clicking the “Continue” button;
- The system will ask you to keep your subscription once again (yes, for the third time). They’ll offer some attractive deals and incentives;
- If you’re still serious about canceling the subscription on your current IPVanish account, pick “I still want to cancel”;
- Once you do that, the provider will send you a letter informing of a successful cancellation. As mentioned earlier, you’ll only get a refund if the 7-day trial hasn’t yet expired;
- It would be best to contact support and check whether your refund request went through. This is just a precautionary measure, but since it’s very easy to get hold of support, we highly recommending doing that. You’ll need to find the Help button in the bottom right corner: that’s how you access the live chat.
This is it for our guide. Even though IPVanish isn’t a particularly generous service and you’ll have to hurry to get a refund, there’s nothing hard about it. Make sure to follow our instructions carefully. We are happy to tell you that as one of the leaders on the VPN market, IPVanish values its reputation and was never caught refusing a refund.